Evonik, which is active in more than 100 countries around the world, launched AMINODat® 6.0 feed raw material database with new features.
Evonik’s AMINODat® 6.0 is a database for feed raw materials that is up to date at all times and more comprehensive than any other offer available to the feed industry. Based on this database, feeds for livestock can be formulated with even greater precision.
"If we want to feed farm animals healthily, in an efficient way and at the same time conserve natural resources, we have to know the feed raw materials being used very well," says Dr. Emmanuel Auer, head of the Animal Nutrition business line at Evonik.
Evonik Animal Nutrition has been conducting raw material analyses for decades and supports its customers with the processed data. These data were previously consolidated and made available every five years in printed form and as interactive software. With AMINODat® 6.0, they are now available in shorter intervals as a web application. "This means that we can support our customers with updates several times a year," says Dr. Markus Wiltafsky-Martin, who is responsible for service development at Evonik Animal Nutrition.
Raw material qualities are highly variable due to different growing, drying and storage conditions. Wiltafsky-Martin says, "All these factors vary not only from season to season, but also from region to region. That's why we don't report only global averages, but country-specific values."
Markus Wiltafsky Martin
The analyses are based on raw material samples that Evonik receives from customers all over the world. AMINODat® 6.0 comprises more than 900,000 analytical results from over 18,000 samples of more than 500 raw materials.
In addition to the amino acid and proximate content of raw materials, AMINODat® 6.0 provides:
- a complete set of amino acid digestibility coefficients which had been updated and extended by Evonik’s experts,
- fatty acid profiles of raw materials as a new feature,
- quality parameters like antinutritional factors, protein solubility and content of reactive Lysine which indicate the degree of heat processing,
- biogenic amines, which play an important role in the evaluation of animal byproducts and silages,
- latest revised amino acid recommendations for poultry, swine and aqua.
- Evonik will be presenting AMINODat® 6.0 to the trade public for the first time at the China Feed Expo in Chongqing from April 18-20.
The Animal Nutrition business line is part of Evonik's life sciences division Nutrition & Care, which is all about developing sustainable solutions for a better life for people and animals.